Diagnostics North East
We are part of Diagnostics North East, a network of organisations which support industry, healthcare and academia in the evaluation and development of diagnostics for the benefit of patients.
This innovative initiative brings together the various research infrastructures, capabilities and resources across the North East of England.
Through Diagnostics North East we can help diagnostic developers with every stage of the development pathway including research evaluation and adoption of their technologies into healthcare systems.
Diagnostics North East represents an effective collaboration between organisations including Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Newcastle University and others in this space across the region.
Through Diagnostics North East we will: continue to increase our visibility to industry; provide efficiencies of scale and establish a vehicle to enhance dialogue with, providers and The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
This will lead to greater opportunities to improve patient health and wellbeing through a common vision and approach.
The Diagnostics North East team is dedicated to improving the efficiency and effectiveness of interactions between companies, clinicians and academic researchers. Support is available throughout the year in addition to an annual conference to showcase the world class resources and expertise available.
Diagnostics North East partners include:
- Academic Health Science Network North East and North Cumbria
- Centre for In Vivo Imaging
- MedConnect North
- Newcastle Healthcare Innovation Partners
- Newcastle Laboratories
- Newcastle University Single Cell Unit
- NICE External Assessment Centre (Newcastle)
- NIHR Innovation Observatory
- NIHR Newcastle MIC
- North East and Yorkshire Genomic Laboratory Hub
- North East Innovation Lab
- Northern Medical Physics and Clinical Engineering
- NovoPath (Previously the Newcastle MRC Node and CEPA Biobank)
For more information about Diagnostics North East visit this link.