Join our Insight Panel for Patients, Public & Carers
We are seeking more public representatives to work collaboratively with us and provide insights and opinions on our activities.
Our Insight Panel for Patients, Public and Carers was established in January 2020 to help shape our projects, communication activities and overall strategy.
We are excited to be recruiting five more members of the public to the Panel. At present we are looking for people based in the North East of England to join us. If you are from a different region we can put you in touch with the MIC in your local area.
What does the Panel do?
- Assists our researchers by advising on project proposal ideas and reviews their work.
- Advises on effective engagement with research participants and the wider public.
- Provides feedback on patient/public/carer needs, concerns and interests to help set research priorities.
What are the requirements of Panel members?
- An interest in health research (no previous experience in health research is needed).
- An ability to share lived experience and views to inform the team’s research.
- Attendance at meetings either in person or online. The panel holds four core meetings a year.
- Optional calls to offer advice on specific research studies if members are interested and available.
More information about us and the Panel can be found in our handbook.
How do I apply?
Please complete the expression of interest form by the 12th November 2020.
If you have any additional questions please contact either
Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement Manager, Kasia Kurowska: email@example.com
Research and Development Study Manager, Dr. Rachel Dickinson: firstname.lastname@example.org