The management team, a multi-disciplinary group of experts and stakeholders, provide strategic guidance to the Newcastle MIC core team, and meet on a fortnightly basis. This meeting is chaired by the Newcastle MIC director Prof. John Simpson and serves as a forum for transparent information sharing and discussion.
The group discuss:
- Updates from the clinical themes, the methodology team and all relevant stakeholders.
- Latest enquiries including forthcoming grant and project opportunities.
- Progress against milestones.
- The financial position of the MIC.
- Progress against plans for annual MIC events and meetings with other NIHR infrastructure.
Our management meetings regularly include a presentation from an external guest. As well as local collaborators, we have welcomed representatives from NOCRI, ABHI, Medilink UK, NECS, the UK Department for International Trade, Blue River Consulting, Anasyst Ltd, CPI, NIHR Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Biomedical Research Centre and NIHR Leeds In Vitro Diagnostics Co-operative.