NHIP Academy Launch: Careers Re-imagined
09:30 - 16:30
David Shaw Lecture Theatre, Medical School, Newcastle University, NE2 4HH
We are excited to share that registration is now open for the Newcastle Health Innovation Partners (NHIP) Academy launch event, entitled “Careers Reimagined”.
NHIP Academy provides career development opportunities for the next generation of health and care researchers. It offers a range of training programmes for individuals looking to establish, progress or navigate their academic career – from internships and pre-doctoral awards to doctoral, post-doctoral and ultimately to professorial awards.
Come along to the launch event to find out more about NHIP Academy and its vision. Hear inspirational speakers talk about the national landscape for research careers and the opportunities they may bring.
Speakers on the day will include:
- Professor Waljit Dhillo, Dean of NIHR Academy, who will cover the importance of having a highly skilled academic research workforce and the career opportunities that research can bring to individuals
- Jo Cooper, Head of Research Nursing, NHS England, who will talk through the landscape for career opportunities for nursing
- Professor Anne Maree Keenan OBE, Associate Dean of NIHR Academy, who will discuss Allied Health Professional research career opportunities
- Professor Lorraine Harper, Associate Dean of NIHR Academy, who will cover academic careers for medics and dentists
- Dr Sarah Sowden, Advanced Clinical Academic Fellow, who will talk about the landscape for public health researchers
The event will also include:
- Facilitated breakout sessions focussing on NHIP Academy’s four pillars in Public Health & Social Care, Medicine & Dentistry, Nursing, Midwifery & Allied Health Professions, and Research Methodology
- A Q&A with speakers, partners and pillar leads
- First-hand accounts from other individuals on their own research career pathway
- Plenty of networking opportunities for all
Read more about the NHIP Academy.
Click on the “book now” button below to register.