Cancer Research UK Innovation Summit 2022
09:30 - 18:00
Herschel Building, Newcastle Upon Tyne
Cancer Research UK are holding their next Innovation Summit in Newcastle upon Tyne on 26 May.
This free, in-person, all day event is aimed at early career researchers with entrepreneurial ambitions.
Through a series of talks and panel discussions the event will cover the incentives for engaging in entrepreneurship and how to overcome challenges associated with it.
You will hear from:
- Researchers who have successfully translated their research into commercial products
- Investors interested in working with cancer researchers
- Successful members of Cancer Research UK-funded spin-out companies
- Members of Cancer Research UK’s team
The latest confirmed speakers include:
- Tony Hickson, Chief Business Officer for Cancer Research UK
- David Burn, Director of Newcastle Health Innovation Partners
- Ruth Plummer, Professor of Experimental Cancer Medicine at Newcastle University
- Steve Wedge, Professor of Stratified Cancer Medicine Discovery at Newcastle University and Head of the Cancer Research UK Newcastle Drug Discovery Unit
The event will also include an exhibition area allowing attendees to learn more about the support available in the region through engaging with Cancer Research UK and other organisations.
Read the agenda for the event.
Register for the event through clicking on the “book now” button below.