Association of Physicians of Great Britain and Ireland Annual Meeting
09:00 - 18:00
The Frederick Douglass Centre, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE4 5TG
We are excited to share that the 117th Annual Meeting for the Association of Physicians of Great Britain and Ireland will take place on 23 and 24 May 2024 in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
This meeting brings together diverse minds from various research areas including biology, chemistry, engineering, and clinical medicine.
The themes for 2024 include:
- Population Health and Data Science
- Ageing and Multimorbidity
- Novel Therapies and Diagnostics
- Rare Diseases
- Professor Cathie Sudlow – Chief Scientist and Deputy Director, Health Data Research UK and Director, BHF Data Science Centre
- Professor Patrick Chinnery – Professor of Neurology at the University of Cambridge
- Professor Avan Sayer – William Leech Chair of Geriatric Medicine at the Translational and Clinical Research Institute and Faculty of Medical Sciences at Newcastle University
- Professor Mary M Reilly – Professor of Clinical Neurology and Consultant Neurologist at University College London
- Professor Sir John Burn – Professor of Clinical Genetics at Newcastle University
- Professor Sophie Hambleton – Professor of Paediatrics and Immunology at Newcastle University
- Professor Volker Straub - Harold Macmillan Professor of Medicine Director of The John Walton Muscular Dystrophy Research Centre Newcastle University
- Professor Sir Adrian Hill – Director of The Jenner Institute, Lakshmi Mittal and Family Professor of Vaccinology
You can submit an abstract to be considered for a poster or oral presentation at the meeting. The deadline for submission is 18 February.
Click on the “book now” button below for more details and to register for the meeting.